Uniform Policy for Lewis and Clark Middle School
“It’s all about perception”
CHANGES IN THE UNIFORM POLICY –
EFFECTIVE FOR THE 2010-2011 SCHOOL YEAR
Polo Shirt: (navy blue, white)
· A polo shirt is defined as a shirt with two or three buttons, with a collar.
· Undershirts will be allowed ONLY if they are plain white. (No stripes or Logos)
· Undershirts must be shorter than the uniform shirt.
· Shirts must be hemmed and an appropriate length and tucked.
· Shirts containing ANY writing may not be worn (aside for school logo).
· A designated white/navy blue oxford uniform shirt with plaid skirt and/or jumper is an optional uniform choice. (Plaid skirts will be phased out beginning with 2011 school year.)
Pants: (navy, or khaki slacks/shorts/skirts cotton material)
· Pants, shorts and skirts must be properly fitted (not oversized, should be no larger than one size up) Waistbands are to be fitted to the waist, as pants and shorts will not be allowed to sag.
· Cargo, denim (jean material, no stitching around the pocket), fringed hem, stretch or wind-pants are not acceptable for uniforms. (No stripes or Logos allowed) Pants must be hemmed.
· Pants must not flare at the bottoms to an unsafe width.
· Navy pants will be phased out beginning with the 2011 school year.
· Belts must be brown or black, no designed buckle, must always be shown.
· Hair ribbons, socks or jewelry must follow the school dress colors, (navy blue, white)
Jacket: Grey, Navy, White, or Black
· No sweatshirts/jackets in classrooms must be placed in locker can wear in, put in locker, put on as leaving building)
· No logos
· Variations in grade level uniforms and/or school colors will be site-specific decisions.
· Uniforms will conform to TPS Dress Code requirements.
· Principals must approve uniforms for student organizations worn at school.
Business that supply standard uniform attire:
K’Renee’s Uniform Closet 5557 East 41st Street
Target 1701 South Yale
Academy Sports 6120 East 41st Street
C & J School Uniform 4950 S. 79th E. Ave